Labour's candidate for Corby and East Northamptonshire
Andy Sawford, Labour’s candidate in the by-election to chose a new MP for Corby and East Northamptonshire, has today, Friday, posed five questions that the Prime Minister must answer for the people of Corby and East Northamptonshire.
Five Questions David Cameron must answer in Corby today about his broken promises:
1. You promised that the NHS was safe in your hands. Will you now STOP the bureaucratic reorganisation and cuts it has caused which threaten reduced A&E, maternity, childrens’ and acute services at Kettering General Hospital which Corby people rely on.
2. You promised to get the economy moving but there is no growth and unemployment has soared with over a million young people now on the dole. What message do you have for the 575 18-24 year olds who have been out of work in this area for more than six months on your watch?
3. You promised to cut taxes for families. Why have you instead hit 14,000 Corby families by cutting or freezing child benefit freeze, and at the same time cut taxes for 14,000 millionaires nationally?
4. You promised more police not less. Why are you axing 16,000 police officers - including 134 police officers in Northamptonshire, 30 Police Community Support Officers and 346 support staff?
5. You promised to protect the countryside. Yet you recently accused communities that object to housing of holding back the economy. Do you also agree with George Osborne that local councils should encourage building on the Green Belt?